Thursday, May 04, 2006

Less of me...

Despite my early resignations towards reducing my waist size, I've actually been behaving and doing what I have to do and have started to loose a bit of the excess weight. One of the delights of these past few weeks has been the over endulgence of sushi. I love sushi! I've eaten it on three continents and a variety of states within the US.

Locally, ff note is Yoko's Sushi in Trenton Plaza on 10th and Trenton. The sushi is of good quality with a good variety of rolls. The service is good, the crowd is varied and it is overall a very trendy scene. I've been there numerous times and the staff is the same, which tells me they are happy there. I always knock back a couple of Asahi's during my dinner which makes the overall experience so much more pleasant.

Fellow blog "Onward into the Fog" has a review of this place from exactly one year ago:
http://www.gtoal.com/archives/2005/05/yokos_sushi.html

Give it a try!

4 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Blogger Writer said...

Wanna go bike riding?

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Junkbox said...

Been thinking of doing that. My current excercise regimen is hard on the knees. (It's not what you think!)

Where do you ride?

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Writer said...

I'll ride anywhere. I like off the streets because I've been hit and run before. I have a slight fear of riding in traffic. But I'll also ride on the streets if that's the only option.

Another reason for trails and dirt over streets is because it takes more pedaling to maintain speed. You can roughly do 10 miles each hour of biking.

So to answer your question, Edinburg to McAllen or Mission. It sounds further than it really is. Although first time out you may want to just do 10 miles, 5 out and 5 back.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Junkbox said...

I'm quite a bit older that you are so I'll start slow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home