Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

Having been raised in Mexico, for me today is Mother's Day and the women in my life will not let me forget that. So lets take a step back and give our mom's a hug. I'm VERY fortunate to still have my mom. She's still running around, busy little bee that I've always known.

Mother's Day is always a day of mixed feelings for me. It is a day to symbolically recognize the toil, sacrifice and sometimes suffering that our mothers, wifes and daughters go thru. As men, we will never be able to fully understand the selflessness that comes with being a mother.

Today was especially mellancolic for me. Although many moons have passed, I had my grandmother in my mind. She was a woman of character and a symbol of living life to it's fullest. Having given birth to seven children, raised six to adult hood, sixteen grandchildren she was the perenial matriarch. I wish I could hug her one last time. I miss her.

Happy Mother's Day!

5 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Gene Espinoza said...

Couldn't agree with you more! We all love our mothers and wife. Without them we could not enjoy life as we now it today. My only daughter Cora was born on May 10, Mothers Day! Thanks Junkbox for reminding us of how much they do!

 
At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

 
At 4:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 
At 4:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

 
At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home